You may find that you are constantly going back and forth in the menu to change some of the same settings over and over again. Instead of going into the menu to hunt for the one item that you need to change but that you have misplaced (this happens to me all the time), take advantage of the 60D’s simple solution to help you keep a few of those settings in one place and make them easier to find—the My Menu tab.
Under the My Menu tab, you have the option to register up to six different menu options and custom functions. I usually select menu items that I use frequently so that I can quickly make changes to those settings. Some of the items I tend to keep in the My Menu settings are Format, Creative filters, Expo. comp./AEB, and White balance (Figure 10.1).
CUSTOMIZING YOUR MY MENU SETTINGS
- Press the Menu button and use the Main dial to select the tab to the far right (the star). Select the My Menu settings option, and press Set (A).
- Highlight the Register to My Menu item, and press Set.
- Use the Quick Control dial to scroll through the available menu items (B); when you see one that you want to add, press the Set button and confirm that you want to add it by selecting OK.
- Continue adding the items that you want until you have selected your favorites (up to six of them).
- You can sort your menu items as you see fit or, if you change your mind, you can delete them individually or all at once.
- If you want the My Menu tab to be the first menu tab that appears each time you go into the menu on your LCD Monitor, enable the Display from My Menu item (C).