The application descriptor is an external XML file that is bundled with your .swf file during packaging. The application descriptor file is generated automatically, but you can modify the default settings.
The application descriptor contains the application’s settings, such as its screen orientation. It also includes selected permissions. Permissions are set for some specific device functionality, such as GPS.
Using Flash Professional
To edit the application descriptor in Flash Professional, follow these steps:
- From the IDE, go to File→AIR Android settings.
- Under the General tab, keep Portrait selected under Aspect Ratio, and then select “Full screen”.
- Under the Permissions tab, select Internet.
- Click OK.
Using Flash Builder
To edit the application descriptor in Flash Builder, follow these steps:
- Under Mobile Settings→Target platforms, select Google Android.
- Under Permissions, select Internet.
- Under Application Settings, select Full Screen and deselect “Automatically reorient”.
- Select Next.
- Change the Main application file to Main.as.
- Click Finish.