Promote your private mail list wherever you can reach your target market: on your site, online through various online marketing techniques, and offline. You will:
- Encourage your Web site and blog visitors to join your list by making sure you have “Join our e-club—click here” calls to action throughout your site. You might enhance this with an incentive “Join our e-club to receive our biweekly tips, tools, and techniques and to be included in our drawing for a free car wash—click here.”
- Encourage your social media friends, fans, and followers to join your e-club. Provide a valuable incentive to have them do this, as it is very important you have these people in your database.
- Include a viral marketing element as previously described to encourage your subscribers to recommend your mail list to others.
- Invite your friends, colleagues, current clients, and potential clients to join your list.
- Remember to mention your e-club in your email signature file. This is an easy way to promote the list.