Some pros of blogging are:
- Blogs are an easy way to add new content, thus keeping your Web site current.
- Blogs can be used to provide your potential and existing customers with the latest news on your products and services, industry news, updates, tips, or other relevant content.
- Using keyword-rich content can help your search engine placement.
- Blogs can be updated from anywhere. You can even send camera phone photos or videos straight to your blog while you’re on the go with Blogger Mobile.
- You can create an RSS feed to syndicate your blog, giving you instant access to your subscribers and the opportunity to have your blog content appear on your social media and relevant partner sites.
Some cons of blogging are:
- Blogs need to be constantly updated, a minimum of three times per week. You need to have the discipline to keep it current.
- You have to have enough news or new content to make it worthwhile for both you and your readers.
- Updates usually get done on your own personal time.
- The time spent updating blogs could be used toward something more productive.
- The time commitment needed to update is often underestimated.
- The marketing impact is often overestimated—how many times have you bookmarked a blog and gone back on a regular basis?
Again, it is important to be cautious when considering whether or not a blog is right for you. Don’t jump on the blog bandwagon—just because it’s easy doesn’t mean it’s right.