The mission statement continually guides the growth of your business; but, company goals will provide you with specific targets to work toward.
Goals may include but are not limited to:
- Achieve x% market share by end of the first year
- Increase sales 5% each year
- Reduce customer complaints to 10% of all sales
- Ensure profit margin of 2% by the second year
- Generate sales of $100,000 by end of the second year
Your goals may be short- or long-term. You may consider breaking a long-term goal down into monthly or quarterly milestones. At each month or quarter, you can then determine if you are on track to reaching your goal. If you have not reached the goal, this gives you the opportunity to evaluate why. If you have, or exceeded your goals, you may want to determine if you can realistically support higher sales if this occurs during the next quarter, and adjust you milestones and goals accordingly.